List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Fwd: kmail 1.0.28: find feature lack
From:       Stefan Taferner <taferner () salzburg ! co ! at>
Date:       2000-04-21 10:03:08

For the TODO list.
IMO not all that important currently ;-)

Kind regards,
Stefan

Subject: kmail 1.0.28: find feature lack
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2000 11:26:06 +0200
From: Andrea Ferraris <ferraris@biella.alpcom.it>
To: taferner@kde.org

Thanks for kmail and sorry for my bad English (but my German isn't).

I'm using kmail 1.0.28.
I have a feature request.
Maybe it's yet implemented in a new release, but I don't know, so
I ask and if it is, please, point me to the new release that implement  it.

I find really usefull to have a text search function on messages,
both within a message and within folder or folder sets.
I can't find those functions in my version of kmail.
There are filter functions that can partially replace what I'm
looking for, but only on messages set and not within a message.
That's a usefull function when you have long messages (like digests)
where you are interested only in particular topics.
I'm used to that functionality because Netscape Mail has it.
That function could be implemented also giving the choice of an external
text editor.

Thank you again for kmail and let me know if there are issues for my request,

	Andrea