List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Sorting problem
From:       dep <dep () snet ! net>
Date:       2000-04-20 13:59:35

On Thu, 20 Apr 2000, Don Sanders wrote in response to Stefan Taferner:

| > How about adding a right mouse button menu to the column header?
| > I know, this is not used yet, but it might be handy.
|
| Hmm, I'm beginning to like the idea. maybe I could also put some
| "Always thread messages for this folder/Never thread messages for
| this folder/Use default threading setting for this folder" in there
| too. All these options only affect the current folder.

this is, imo, a *great* idea, for several of reasons (not the least
of which being that it extends the consistency of KDE -- there's
always likely to be something useful if you click the rmb). and it
would be the perfect place to put a "sort by status" option.

having it apply to the current folder only is a big plus as well,
because folders that contain archived messages in particular are more
likely to be sorted by date or by sender.

this is a really, really, really good idea. adds useful functionality
in an excellent way.

--
dep
__