List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: KMail: Colored quoted text feature added
From:       Don Sanders <don () sanders ! org>
Date:       2000-04-18 23:35:34

On Tue, 18 Apr 2000, Espen Sand wrote:
> On Fri, 21 Apr 2000, Don Sanders wrote:
> > > Btw: Currently I only use the bold and italic property of the chosen "quote
> > > font". Is it possible to define what font to use (ie. family and pointsize)
> > > in an area in the html widget? My general html knowledge is pretty limited
> > > :)
> >
> > You could do this by using the font tag.
> >
> > eg

> > But I'm not sure this is a good idea at all. I mean if I want to change the
> > font used in the readerwindow I would have to change four settings
> >
> > Message Body
> > Quoted text - First level
> > Quoted text - Second level
> > Quoted text - Third level
> >
> > I think the options to set the font should be removed and just the ones for
> > changing the color left.
>
> mmm, loosing todays italic style?

Oh, that's a good point.

On the spur of the moment I say ditch support for italicized quoting, the
colorized stuff looks heaps better anyway.

> I am sure some people won't like that. I
> think we perhaps should modify the fontselector (kdelibs) so that it is
> possible to disable the "Font" and "Size" column on command. I will look into
> that. It should not break bin. compatibility.

But then there would still be 6 fonts that could be customized? Really even the
previous three seems too many to me, and I probably should have just used 2,
one for message headers and folders and one for the readerwindow and composing
text.

But anyway that's just my opinion.

BFN,
Don.