List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    concurremt kmail running in one X-session
From:       Don Sanders <don () sanders ! org>
Date:       2000-04-18 10:15:24

No I was not aware of this. The not using "-" option seems like a good guess
as to why the problem is happening.

BFN,
Don.

<quote>
Are you aware of a bug speciffic to running two differenet kmailīs (for two
different usrers) in one X-session? The second kmail gets startet after "su
user2" in an xterm of the X-session of user1. This is a setup which most of
our
users would like to run. Some seem to have no problem with that others keep
reporting, that having two kmailīs for two users running at the same time
sometimes messes up their mailfolders. I already suspect, that it might make a
difference, wether or not one uses the "-" option for su because of possible
ill-information about what kmail thinks what user is calling it due to some
environment variables like BASH_ENV or PATH, still pointing to the original
(wrong) user, when su was run without the "-". Unfortunately none of the users
that had trouble with this had enough courrage to try out, because of the
possible consequences.

Is this a known problem. And if so - is there a known solution ;-)

Thanks in advance
</quote>