List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    nested messages almost finished
From:       Don Sanders <don () sanders ! org>
Date:       2000-04-05 15:55:09

Unfortunately I'm not going to get it checked in tonight (this morning). But
I have a usable version of nested messages working now.

1) I've deleted the 'F' filed and merged the icon into the Sender field, for
both nested and normal message views. (I don't have to do it for normal view
but it kind of looks better with it merged in anyway).

2) I currently don't handle parents arriving after children optimally. You
have to change to a different folder and then back again, for the tree to be
reconstructed correctly. I know how to fix this, but it doesn't seem to
really be a big deal anyway.

3) I'm not using MD5 checksums for the ids yet. So the index is going to be
bloated a fair bit.

4) I'm using #ifdef in my code, should be pretty simple to switch to a member
variable know, yeah should be trivial.

5) If I delete an index file and then have KMail rebuild a new one from
scratch, the tree doesn't get built right. I have to change to another folder
and back again for it to look right. Not a big deal but I want to work out
what's happening and fix the problem.

6) I have to add a new option to the configuration dialog.

Ok so I will do 4,5,6 tomorrow, clean stuff up and try to check the code in
on Friday. (Assumming I don't find any bad bugs that is). After that I'm
going to be away for a few days.

I still think nested message are neat I'm definitely going to use it as my
default.

BFN,
Don.