List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Controlling KMail
From:       Stefan Taferner <taferner () salzburg ! co ! at>
Date:       2000-04-03 12:53:56

Hi all,

Hopefully potential listeners are still here.
I want to discuss internals, therefore I redirected my reply from kde-devel
to kmail :-)

On Mon, 03 Apr 2000, Don Sanders wrote:
> On Mon, 03 Apr 2000, Philipp Gühring wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > How can I automatically create an Email with kmail, which includes
> > some content, which the user may edit, and send afterwards.
> >
> > I tried this:
> > kfmclient exec "mailto:p.guehring@poboxes.com?body=test"
> >
> > It seems to recognice the ? but that still doesn't help.
> >
> > I tried this:
> > kmail p.guehring@poboxes.com <test.txt
> >
> > But nothing worked.
>
> I don't know why you would think that would work, I guess it didn't hurt to
> try.
>
> Well you could try this
> $ cp test.txt ~/dead.letter
> $ kmail
[...]

I think the ability to specify a complete email as an argument upon kmail
start is a nice idea that might come handy.

I was a bit surprised by the URL syntax:
> > kfmclient exec "mailto:p.guehring@poboxes.com?body=test"

As Philipp tried this, it is probably valid. However, it looks pretty strange
to specify a whole email in an URL.

IMO, if we support anything in kmail, we should support either this:
> > kmail p.guehring@poboxes.com <test.txt

... or specifying the message as an argument, e.g. "-template"
Or both of them ;-)

Opinions?

Kind regards,
Stefan