List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: New config box: Experimental change
From:       Espen Sand <espen.sand () neo ! no>
Date:       2000-03-27 9:44:47

On Mon, 27 Mar 2000, Don Sanders wrote:
>On Sun, 26 Mar 2000, Espen Sand wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I just moved some settings from the Composer page to the Network page
>> (send now/later, 8bit/mime etc)
>> Is this better or worse than the current setup where the settings are
>> placed in the composer page? Somhow I feel that "Send Now/Later" and
>> "confirm before send" etc  do not belong to the Composer page. But I am not
>> sure if they belong to the "Network" page either.
>>
>> Comments please :)
>
>Hmm, tough call. Ok, network seems like an improvement.

yes, another concern is that the interface itself becomes cluttred because
of the tab widget. But I think it is ok. The reason for this change was that I
noticed that the settings for send now/later etc are saved together with
the network options in the current dialog (kmsettings)

>Okay some things I would like to see changed.
>
>Remove the "Use monospaced font (still broken)" it's redundant.
>(You can change the font used in the reader window and used to compose
>messages from the appearance tab).

Ok, I added "Quoted text<1-3>" to the font combo as well

>In the miscellanous settings tab, maybe "Send Mail in outbox Folder on Check"
>and "Automatically send receive and read confimations" should be moved into
>the "New Mail Notification" tab that should be renamed "Send and Receive
>Actions", thoughts anyone?

Ok, noted.

>BTW how far along is the identity stuff? Should I work on creating a new "Set
>identity to" filter action, and work on updating the composer?

At the momemt saving of data is disbled (in slotApply()) but when I save the
identity data I only save the first identity.  There are missing entries in the
object that stores the identity data. I need an identity (nickname) entry,
an inline signature entry and an entry which tells if the inline signature
should be used.  Would be nice with a flag if the signature file is a program
or not. I dont like that one have to append a special sign at then end of a
string.

--
Espen Sand