List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: wooo corruption
From:       Don Sanders <dsanders () cch ! com ! au>
Date:       2000-03-26 6:01:36

Hopefully you can keep on thinking about the search dialog. I think we will
need an extra level of abstraction for background searching. Basically we need
a folder iterator that iterates over messages in a folder. It has to be 'event
safe', so when another part of KMail deletes/adds messages to a folder, or
even deletes a folder the iterator still has to return sensible results. This
will require editing the kmfolder code (and perhaps the kmfoldermgr code) but
not much else.

If the search dialog finds a match then it should store the KMMsgBase
rather than the message number, this way you can use KMFolder::find to
refind the message.

Actually now I think about it this should not be too hard. Anyway if in 6 weeks
time or so you can check in a blocking version of the search dialog that uses
KMFolder's rather than searching the raw folder file on disk (I don't know
which way you planned to do it) then it shouldn't be too hard to make it fairly
non-blocking.

BFN,
Don.