List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Multiple Identities (was Re: New config dialog)
From:       Stefan Taferner <taferner () salzburg ! co ! at>
Date:       2000-03-22 10:17:55

On Wed, 22 Mar 2000, Espen Sand wrote:
> On Wed, 22 Mar 2000, Stefan Taferner wrote:
[...]
> >> Ok, I'm convinced. If Espen sets up the new config dialog to allow
> >> multiple identities. Then I'll right the rest of the code, however I
> >> want to keep things simple.
> >>
> >:-))
>
> Well, the GUI is in place (and in cvs). I made my own list object to store
> the data internally in the dialog. When the dialog is opened I load the
> data of KMIdentity into the first entry of the list, but saving will be
> difficult since I can only store one identity. If someone that knows how
> things work a little bit better than me can make the KMIdentity into a
> class that supports more than one identity I would be happy. If so, please
> have a look at  configuredialog.h because the KMIdentity needs some more
> members to manage the "inline signature" option.

I just wanted to jump in and say "I do it", but unfortunately I don't have
time today.

> I have started to redesign the "Account Settings" dialogs as well. I will
> add a combo in these boxes where the user can select the identity that
> should be associated with the account.
>
> An yes: In the "Add indentity" box I included an option to copy the
> settings of the global e-mail form in "Control Center",  ....

I would prefere to have the global identity sync-ed with ours, such that
changes in kmail also update the global identity and vice versa.

> ... but it does not
> copy anything yet becasue I have had no time to figure how to get the data
> from that form.

#include <kstddirs.h>
#include <ksimpleconfig.h>

QString configFileName = KStdDirs::findResource("config", "emaildefaults");
KSimpleConfig cfg(configFileName, false);

The boolean parameter of cfg is the read/write-enable switch.

--Stefan