List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: TODO List (Rivyn's duplicate copy ideas)
From:       Don Sanders <dsanders () cch ! com ! au>
Date:       2000-03-22 3:28:49

> > > what is this?
> >
> > It's what you asked for, when sending mail don't freeze the UI.
>
> Cool - Also, would it be possible to have two (or more) send mail functions
> going at once?  Sometimes the LAN gets bogged down and I'm just sending out a
> few subscribtion requests to mailing lists...It would be cool if I could just
> switch back over to the kmail window and type and send another - I think the
> best way to do this would be to add it to a queue for sending mail as

>I don't
> think that all mail servers would like multiple send requests for the same
> user.

Hmm, I wonder.

>  Something with a progress indicator, perhaps?  A progress meter that
> updated itself to being a longer amount (shorter percentage done) if you added
> more to the queue?

Yeah, it might not be that simple, another problem is that you probably want to
be able to send mail at the same time that you are receiving (a large or lots
of) mail in the background. So where are you going to put this progress bar,
there's already one in the main window (I guess you might not know this if you
haven't used a recent version of 1.1.x), and it's kinda silly to have two.

Perhaps a progress dialog in the status bar of the composer window used to
create the message in. You would only get progress for the current message
though, this would be in bytes sent/total bytes in this mail.

BFN,
Don.