List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: New config dialog
From:       Espen Sand <espen.sand () neo ! no>
Date:       2000-03-15 9:15:04

On Wed, 15 Mar 2000, Stefan Taferner wrote:
>On Tue, 14 Mar 2000, Espen Sand wrote:
>[...]
>> <thinking>
>> It could be useful to support multiple  identities. Each identity has
>> it own email address, name and  signature. The identity must be
>> selectable (combobox) from  the "composer" window. The main
>> problem as I see it is what  to do with a signature that is already
>> present in the body text if one swicth identity. In eudora the
>> signature is not added until the mail is sent.
>> </thinking>
>
>The signature thing is no problem IMO. That can be changed.
>The more tricky part of it is to make KMail aware that there are
>multiple identities.
>
>People also suggest to have support for:
>
>- setting the identity depending on the (pop) account
>- setting the outgoing mail server depending on the identity
>
>IMO a good first step would be to have a list of alternative
>identities.
>
>E.g. by adding a next-identity pointer to KMIdentity. Then we
>would have multiple identities and could change the rest of kmail
>slowly. The old code will still use the first identity, which should
>be the primary one.
>
>For the signature we could add a hack later.

Ok, I put on my ToDo some sort of support for multiple identities
on the Identity page in the dialog. Something like this on the on the
top of that page:

"Identity:" <ComboB: List of ids> <PushB: "Add new"> <PushB: "Remove current">

The first identity of the list can not be removed and will be named "Default"

And of course: In the POP setup dialog there can be a new combo where one
defines what identity to use.

--
Espen Sand