List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Dates in KMail (was: Sorry about the date on my sent mails)
From:       John Aldrich <john () chattanooga ! net>
Date:       2000-02-26 23:59:07

On Fri, 17 Mar 2000, Don Sanders wrote:
> Sorry about the date on my sent mails being all messed up.
>
> I think this computer is screwed the date keeps on getting messed up. Maybe a
> flat battery or something. I don't know any easy way of setting back the
> clock that doesn't require rebuilding all of kdelibs etc (it confuses Make
> when I set my clock back).

Suggestion for KMail:
Would it be possible to re-do the dates on email so that they conform
to the local format? For example, here in the US, we use the
Month/Day/Year format, but over in Europe and other places, they
prefer the Day/Month/Year.
I'd like to see a switch so you can "reformat" the date field to your
local settings. This would be especially nice for sorting messages,
etc. It gets kinda confusing for me to see that here.
Also, (in 1.0.28) I see some invalid dates on messages.... sometimes
when I click on the "date" button to resort messages (is message
sorting fixed, btw??? Resorting doesn't really sort very well!) I
sometimes get a date in August, 1999. And if I view the message in
question I can see that it was actually written and sent a few weeks
ago, not 6 months ago!
Thanks...
	John