On Fri, 11 Feb 2000, Robert D. Williams wrote: > > When ever I first open an email from George kmail dies. I kill it and > restart and it works fine. I know you are using PGP, could this be the > problem? > Quite probably. Which version of PGP are you (Robert D. Williams) running? It may be an incompatibility between the two versions of PGP. I know that at home, *my* KMail gets stuck momentarily and if I let it, after about 10-15 seconds, it'll un-stick and I can go on.... but as you point out, it ONLY happens when trying to read messages from George. :-) FWIW, at home (and work) I'm on KMail 1.0.28. At work the machine is RedHat 6.0 and at home the machine is Mandrake 6.0, if that makes any difference. John