List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Sender field?
From:       Andreas Gungl <Andreas.Gungl () osp-dd ! de>
Date:       2000-02-07 6:32:03

"Robert D. Williams" schrieb:

> On Fri, 04 Feb 2000, George Staikos wrote:
> > On Fri, 04 Feb 2000, Robert D. Williams wrote:
> >

> > > a) for me.  I like to keep all messages ordered.  Meaning, I send emails
>  my brother and I like to keep all the messages he sends me and the
> > > ones I send him in one folder.  So having all the 'sender' items show
> > > they are from him makes it difficult to see which emails I have sent.
> > > This is the way Netscape does it.  Please consider this.
> > >
> > > Or should I CC: every message I send out so I can have the correct
> > > header?
> >

> >    I really don't think that this should be default behaviour.  it could
> > certainly be an option, but I think most people will want to see messages
> > in
>  the sent folder listed by who they are sent to.  I know I sure do.  I
> > could never keep separate folders for all the people I email, and I like to
> > bundle them by date anyways (yes this is a feature I plan to add soon
> > too... auto-archiving at the end of X time period)
> >

> In my brothers folder all messages have the sender as his name.  This is not
> true.  I sent some of those.  So we want Sender to be who the message was
> sent to?  If that is so then when I get emails it should say my name in the
> Sender field, right?     Right now sender field means both?  This is way to
> confusing, why cant we use what Netscape and IE use?   Sent folder should
> contain the sender of the message yes, but what if I move the message I sent
> to a different folder?  It should change.
>
> Does anyone use Netscape email?  The 'sent-mail' folder should have a
> Recipient field, while other folders should have a 'Sender' field.

What about folder lists configurable by each user himself? Let's
continue with the existing solution at the moment and try to add lists
with configurable columns as soon as somebody can invest some time in
it. - Just a suggestion to make this discussion ending although it seems
to become endless. BTW, what about the default for this folder lists?
;-)

Andreas