List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Fwd & Re: KMail Development
From:       Don Sanders <dsanders () cch ! com ! au>
Date:       2000-02-01 2:47:38

On Tue, 01 Feb 2000, George Staikos wrote:

> On Mon, 31 Jan 2000, John Aldrich wrote:
> > On Mon, 31 Jan 2000, George Staikos wrote:
> > >   Curiously, KRN and Kmail actually share alot of code already.  What do you
> > > think of, as a long term plan, possibly merging KRN and KMail completely,
> > > making a single message centre like pine or netscape?
> > >
> > Hmm....you mean a la Outlook Express??? Hmm..not a bad idea... :-)
>
>   As don said and I agree, we should componentize it.  Then we can build
> everything in, but that's quite a ways off.  I'm thinking that LDAP
> integration should hold off for that as well.

Oh, I forgot to include LDAP in my list of things that would be nice to do,
(and improved i18n support would be good too while I remember it).

>   Is anyone working on IMAP or using an imap slave?  Should that be done in
> a component as well?

Well someone volunteered to do IMAP, they seemed to be focussed on working with
KMail 1.0.28, I haven't heard back from them for awhile now.

I'm not too worried about trying to do the IMAP stuff as a seperate component
at the moment. I think I would prefer just to get something working reliably
first before trying to make it a component. Also I was thinking a kioslave
should be used for the IMAP stuff so to a certain extent that part of it would
be a seperate component.

BFN,
Don.