On Thursday 16 April 2009 16:33:27 Ingo Klöcker wrote: > On Thursday 16 April 2009, Pascal Patry wrote: > > Hi, I just switched to KDE 4 recently. There is a small behavior that > > is different from kmail shipped with KDE 3 and that is quite > > annoying. > > > > I'm always using an external text editor to write my mails. I do this > > because I often have to review code, and it's much easier to do from > > vim. I'm also used to press Ctrl+Enter to then ship the message so > > I'm staying far away from my mouse. > > > > The problem is, when an external text editor is set, hitting the key > > 'Ctrl' now spaws the editor. In KDE 3, this was not the case. I could > > hit 'R' to first reply, then hit a key to enter the external editor, > > save & quit and then Ctrl+Enter was sending the mail. As a > > feature/bug request, I'd love to see the same behavior in KDE 4. In > > other words, I don't think that any keyboard modifier pushed alone > > should be able to spawn the external text editor. > > > > Let me know what you think. > > I think what you say makes sense. You should: > - Submit a bug report for this, if possible including a proposal for a > fix. > - Use the kde-pim mailing list instead of the kmail-devel mailing list > since since quite some time the former is used for discussing the > development of KMail. (kmail-devel, nowadays, only serves as recipient > for old bug reports.) > > > Regards, > Ingo ack _______________________________________________ KMail developers mailing list KMail-devel@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kmail-devel