List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: error compiling kmail
From:       Thomas McGuire <mcguire () kde ! org>
Date:       2009-03-11 22:37:42

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hi Edwin,

On Wednesday 11 March 2009 17:28:16 Edwin Schepers wrote:
> I updated kdelibs, kdepimlibs and kdepim, but kdepim gives errors now when
> compiling. kdelibs and kdepimlibs went ok.
> Am I missing something ?
>
> Linking CXX shared library ../lib/libkmailprivate.so
>
> CMakeFiles/kmailprivate.dir/kmreaderwin.o: In function
> `KMReaderWin::openAttachment(int, QString const&)':
>
> /install/kde4/kdepim/kmail/kmreaderwin.cpp:2349: undefined reference to
> `KABC::Addressee::mimeType()'

The mimeType() function was introduced in kdepimlibs trunk in r925827, see
http://websvn.kde.org/?view=rev&revision=925827.

So you need an up-to-date kdepimlibs trunk so that kdepim compiles.
Maybe your build system is picking up some old kabc library and not the trunk
version?

Regards,
Thomas

P.S.: please use the kde-pim mailinglist instead of the kmail one (no one is
      using that one)