List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: smart cards
From:       Ingo =?iso-8859-1?q?Kl=F6cker?= <kloecker () kde ! org>
Date:       2009-01-14 19:33:42

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Wednesday 14 January 2009, Mikel Jimenez wrote:
> Hello
> Does KMail support smart cards via opensc or something like these ?

Do you ask as a user (in which case we should continue our discussion on
the kdepim-users mailing list) or as a developer (in which case the
kde-pim mailing list would be better, since the kmail-devel list is
slowly being phased out)?

To answer your question. Yes, KMail supports smart cards via opensc. See
http://www.gnupg.org/aegypten2/ and the linked Ägypten1 pages
(especially http://www.gnupg.org/aegypten/development.en.html) for a
technical description.

Regards,