List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Cannot get gnupg working with kmail
From:       Praedor Atrebates <praedor () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2009-01-13 14:33:44

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

I am running KDE 4.1.3 on a Mandriva 2009.0 install.  I followed the same
gnupg/gpg-agent instructions that I did for kde3.x but they are not working in
kde4.

I have gnupg, pineentry-qt, and all the necessary support libs installed as per
the instructions at kontact.kde.org/kmail.  What happens is I am unable to
encrypt or decrypt messages because connections to log-socket are refused no
matter what I do.  Whenever I start a new terminal session, I always see:
"can't connect to `/home/praedor/.gnupg/log-socket': Connection refused" UNLESS
I run KWatchgnupg, which I am loath to do because it eats up restricted kpanel
space with its icon/applet AND it always starts maximized with no way to start
it minimized, so I always have to close the intrusive window after startup.

What is the procedure for getting gnupg working in kde4 without the annoying
"can't connect to" message and without having to run kwatchgnupg?

praedor
--
"An imbalance between rich and poor is the oldest and most fatal ailment of all
republics."