List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Editor: Right-clicking selects word
From:       Thomas McGuire <thomas.mcguire () gmx ! net>
Date:       2008-04-23 15:24:50

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hi,

On Wednesday 23 April 2008 14:54:35 alessandro diaferia wrote:
> Here:
> http://techbase.kde.org/index.php?title=Projects/PIM/KDE_4-related_bugs#KMa
>il "Right-clicking selects word" is signaled as bug. I found that this
> behavior is explicitly coded in kmeditor.cpp and so it's not a bug.
Yes, it is indeed explicitly coded. It is still a bug though, all other text
edits in KDE don't have this behavior. Moreover, I found it annoying, for
example I can't right-click a misspelled word if another word is selected.

> What to do?
Send us a patch which fixes the problem :)
Bonus points for adding "Add to dictionary" and "Ignore" actions to the
context menu of misspelled words.

Regards,
Thomas

P.S.: Please don't cross-post to more than one list