List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    KMail regexp option and problem
From:       Frans Grotepass <fmgrotepass () yahoo ! co ! uk>
Date:       2008-03-12 12:25:24

Hi all,

Hopefully this is the right place for this post. Please don't slaughter
me if it should be posted elsewhere.

First a little groping! KMail is awesome! The package is userfriendly
and works well in most cases.

I have a few problems and suggestions.

First off, the suggestion:

When subscribed to some mailing lists, it might be of interest to only
read a subset of the mailing list using a regexp filter. Wouldn't it be
great if the regexp filter can also be used when browsing the emails in
the subset and thus highlight the keywords found on the search? That
would really improve high volume mailing list filtering.

Next, the problems I encountered:

1: My kmail 1.9.7 running on a fully up to date KDE3.5.8 Gentoo system
fails to access mail on our company Zimbra server using TLS
authentication. Evolution is happy connecting to the server. The
connection fails on both IMAP and POP connections. Both working in
Evolution. TLS works with my private mail account on both IMAP and POP.

What is required to debug this problem well? Where is the most obvious
place to search for this problem?

2: It is possible to select an identity for replying in each of the
folders. I have the same email address in two identities (One as a
pseudonym and one under my real name). The second is selected as the
sender Identity, but when I reply to a mail, the first is chosen.

Best regards,

Frans