List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Mark as Sent
From:       Jonathan Marten <jjm () keelhaul ! demon ! co ! uk>
Date:       2006-10-31 9:30:59

Ingo Klöcker <kloecker@kde.org> writes:

>> Am Sonntag, 29. Oktober 2006 02:22 schrieb Allen Winter:
>> > Was this done on purpose?  Or a mistake?
>> > Should I remove all traces of the "Mark as Sent" capability from
>> > KMail?

> I'm against re-adding them to the menus. Please always remember the
> 80/20 rule. The remaining 20% who might want to use one of the more
> esoteric "Mark as Foo" options can edit the file defining the menu
> layout (kmmainwinrc ?) and/or add the options to the toolbar and/or
> define some keybinding for them. The only thing that's not possible is
> adding those options to the context menus.

This is reasonable, advanced users can always restore the option
wherever they prefer it in the GUI.

However, the OP wrote "...remove all traces of the Mark as Sent
capability from KMail" - possibly implying that the option would be
removed not only from the GUI but also from the code, with no way of
putting it back other than repatching the source.  Hopefully this will
not happen.

--
Jonathan Marten                         http://www.keelhaul.demon.co.uk
Twickenham, UK                          jjm@keelhaul.demon.co.uk