List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: lost POP filters
From:       David Faure <dfaure () klaralvdalens-datakonsult ! se>
Date:       2006-10-26 7:32:08

On Thu Oct 26 2006, Jerome Yuzyk wrote:
> So I am wondering: is the whole config file kept in memory
> while KMail is up and then some or all of it written to kmailrc?
Right. (all of it is written at the same time to kmailrc, on exit, or when the code \
explicitely requests it)

> My old kmailrc should have had them.
Any older kmailrc around?

> Incidentally I also lost the setting to keep
> a filter log, which I had enabled a few days previously. I keep KMail up
> until it crashes or I kill it or reboot, so now I've taken to closing
> KMail after making changes, and grabbing a snapshot of kmailrc so that
> when this happens again (as it has about a half-dozen times over the last
> few years) I have a backup - I can't count on copying kmailrc to somewhere
> nightly it seems.
Right, kmailrc won't change unless kmail does a sync().

--
David Faure, faure@kde.org, dfaure@klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se
KDE/KOffice developer, Qt consultancy projects