List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Fwd: Re: KMail Templates
From:       David Faure <dfaure () klaralvdalens-datakonsult ! se>
Date:       2006-10-20 8:18:14

Hello!

^ First problem. The template patch changes the default behavior of kmail, by inserting
some Hello! or Hello <name> at the top of the reply. I think the template functionality is
great but it shouldn't change the default behavior IMHO.

On Thursday, October 19, 2006 06:29:27 PM Allen Winter wrote:
> >  - users will ask to have many different templates for each action
Yes - I assumed that this was what this functionality was about, I'm a bit disappointed
that it's not, yes. I want a standard reply for people who ask for a svn account without
providing the necessary information, but the normal reply to any mail on any mailing-list
shouldn't change of course.

> >  (new msg, reply, etc) and change between them, on-the-fly during composing.
On the fly might be nice, but I could settle for choosing a template a reply time.
Like RMB / Reply using template / <template name>

> >          for example, a reply to a message template might be one of
> >            "this message contains proprietary info"
> >            "this message is my opinion only..."
> >            "this message is the property of my company"
> >    and the user might want to change between those templates on a reply.
>
> I see two difficulties there:
>
> 1. i can`t imagine interface for that right now, especially for editing
> multiple template variants

The QToolBox (which is a bit of a strange widget choice imho ;)
could become a simple QComboBox on top of the textedit, and
then there can be add/delete pushbuttons.

David (replying as a user more than as a developer for once - although I fixed
the layout of the config dialog ;)

--
David Faure, faure@kde.org, dfaure@klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se
KDE/KOffice developer, Qt consultancy projects