List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: pop/imap library
From:       David Faure <dfaure () klaralvdalens-datakonsult ! se>
Date:       2006-06-28 16:19:32

On Wednesday 28 June 2006 17:11, Imran Akbar wrote:
> Hi,
>    I'm working @ MIT's media lab over the summer on their $100 laptop
> project - and I'm thinking of implementing a bare-bones email client with
> some other customized features.  I've programmed in QT before, which is why
> I took a look at kmail.  Is there any library/api that is used for the
> actual communication between the client and the pop/imap servers, or any
> particular place in the repository that I could find the relevant files?

This is currently done by kioslaves, so you can find the code at
http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/KDE/kdepim/kioslave/imap4/
http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/KDE/kdebase/runtime/kioslave/pop3/
for the qt4-based code, or

http://websvn.kde.org/branches/KDE/3.5/kdebase/kioslave/pop3/
http://websvn.kde.org/branches/KDE/3.5/kdepim/kioslaves/imap4
for the qt3-based code.

--
David Faure -- faure@kde.org, dfaure@klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se
KDE/KOffice developer, Qt consultancy projects