List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Help to Configure GnuPG to use gpg-agent
From:       Lorenzo La Spada <l.laspada () yahoo ! fr>
Date:       2006-05-31 21:48:56

Hi,

I need help to configure gnupg tu use gpg-agent with kmail.

I was trying to follow these instructions:

(...
, add this to your ~/.gnupg/gpg.conf:

use-agent

Add a file ~/.gnupg/gpg-agent.conf with the following contents:

pinentry-program /usr/local/bin/pinentry-qt
no-grab
default-cache-ttl 1800

(replace the path to pinentry-qt depending on where the distribution
installed it).

Before using gpg, you need to start gpg-agent:

eval "$(gpg-agent --daemon)"

(gpg-agent outputs a little shell script that sets the environment
variable GNUPG_AGENT_INFO). You may want to add this to your
~/.xsession or startkde so that all programs see the environment
variable.
...)

Well, I installed pinentry with fink "fink install pinentry". This
would install pinentry-curse but not pinentry-qt.
Also, I wasn't able to start gpg-agent with the command-line "eval "$
(gpg-agent --daemon)", I didn't find any ~/.xsession file.

Please, could someone help me to configure all this?

Currently, I am able to send encrypted mail whith kmail but fail to
read encrypted incoming mails.

Thanks in advance.