List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Blue scary screen
From:       Don Sanders <sanders () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-12-19 1:46:06

On Friday 16 December 2005 19:18, Martijn Klingens wrote:
> On Friday 16 December 2005 02:38, Don Sanders wrote:
> > Switching to another folder and back seems to be away to work
> > around the problem.
>
> Only if that switch takes more than a second, because otherwise the
> splash will not be shown and thus not hidden either.
>
> The "sure" way to solve it is to go to "Local Folders", which
> displays KMail's splash. When moving away from there the problem is
> by definition gone.
>
> But instead of workarounds I'd much rather not see the problem in
> the first place :/

Sure.

Actually I experience several other online IMAP issues in addition to
this. Moving a large number of messages (10,000 say) from IMAP to
local slows KMail down and eventually freezes it. Sometimes when new
mail is collected while an IMAP folder is shown all the fields in the
list of message headers go blank, except the threading hierarchy
remains. Also switching folders and reading messages while moving
messages out of an IMAP can cause KMail to crash.

Perhaps it's just the particular check out I have it is quite stale
now. I wanted to keep the base I was working with stable while
looking into action scheduler issues.

Don Sanders.