List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Help needed for fixing bug 114985
From:       Andreas Gungl <a.gungl () gmx ! de>
Date:       2005-12-10 21:20:09

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Am Freitag, 25. November 2005 04:07 schrieb Don Sanders:
> On Thursday 24 November 2005 02:02, Andreas Gungl wrote:
> > Am Mittwoch, 23. November 2005 16:17 schrieb Carsten Burghardt:
> > > Andreas Gungl sagte:
> > >
> > > What if we disallow moving of subfolders (for all kinds of) and
> > > implement this for 4.0? The logic itself is the same for all
> > > folder types.
> >
> > Fine with me. Although it's uncomfortable, it's at least safe.
>
> Maybe the safe route is best for the moment. Sorry I didn't have time
> to help Andreas. I'm struggling to find the time to look into
> numerous issues myself.

I've disabled the display of folders from IMAP and DIAMP accounts in the popup
menu which is shown when you select Move Folder To in a folder's context
menu.
That should prevent moving nested folders to non-local accounts and the
messages in the subfolders don't get lost any longer. However, as I haven't
check all combinations possible to trigger the move of a folder, I've
committed my patch afterwards.
That patch takes care of the nested folders and it's messages. If a user finds
a way to move nested folders despite I mean to have it disabled, the new
implementation should handle that case gracefully.

Andreas