List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Serious flaw in ActionScheduler::moveMessage()
From:       Andreas Gungl <a.gungl () gmx ! de>
Date:       2005-12-07 20:43:48

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hi, I think I've finally fixed the async filtering. I want to sum up the fixes
to keep you up-to-date:

1) Some parts were guarded by an "#if 0" but were needed to get the
threadweaver going.
2) Changes to a message made in external filters were not recognized in
subsequent filters (filter rules).
3) Modifications in external filters which made a message loosing the
X-KMail-Filtered header lead to a crash.

As far as I have tested (and I did many tests in the last two days) the async
filtering works quite stable now. If you still encounter strange effects,
please let me know.

I've ported the changes to trunk. However I wonder if it would make sense to
move some of the actionscheduler functionality into threadweaver jobs to make
the filtering of a message more atomic (but still in the background). Perhaps
we can discuss some issues during the Osnabrück meeting.

Regards,
Andreas