List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: problem with GPG
From:       Ingo =?iso-8859-1?q?Kl=F6cker?= <kloecker () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-09-20 19:58:54

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

[Attachment #4 (multipart/mixed)]

On Monday 19 September 2005 19:46, Bernhard Reiter wrote:

> > > I didn't have the program pinentry on my system.
> > > Thus I installed pinentry, but that doesn't change.
> >
> > I have create gpg-agent.conf in /.gnupg with :
> >
> >          pinentry-program /usr/bin/pinentry-qt
> >
> > But... no result  :(
>
> Now you have to make sure that the gpg-agent actually runs.
> Try gpg on the command line to see if the agent is running properly
> and working together with pinentry.
>
> evel `gpg-agent --daemon`

A more correct incantation is
  eval "$(gpg-agent --daemon)"

Simply putting the attached file into ~/.kde/env and then restarting KDE
should solve this problem. The file doesn't need to be executable. Also
you might want to change the time gpg-agent remembers your passphrase
by changing the value behind the --default-cache-ttl option. The time
is given in seconds.

FWIW, this is also described on
http://kmail.kde.org/kmail-pgpmime-howto.html.

Regards,
Ingo

["start-gpg-agent.sh" (application/x-shellscript)]

killall gpg-agent 2>/dev/null
eval "$(gpg-agent --daemon --default-cache-ttl 36000)"