List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: KMail and tonns of tmp.XXX* files
From:       "Carsten Burghardt" <burghardt () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-08-30 7:27:58

Stefan Walkner sagte:
> hello,
>
> Whenever I receive an email via KMail there are 3 tmp.XXX* files generated
> in /tmp.
> They all have 0 bytes in size - and of course - do contain nothing.
> Is there anyone else who can observer this occourence?

Do you use an imap account and have "load attachments on demand" enabled?
Then this behaviour is normal as the attachments are not retrieved by
default but only when you click on them. Then you'll notice that these tmp
files have normal size.
In this case you should check out kmail from svn (3.4 branch) as there was
a bug in the 3.4.2 release that produced empty attachments.

Carsten