List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: KMail and tonns of tmp.XXX* files
From:       Andreas Gungl <Andreas.Gungl () osp-dd ! de>
Date:       2005-08-30 7:28:45

Am Dienstag, 30. August 2005 09:02 schrieb Stefan Walkner:
> hello,
>
> Whenever I receive an email via KMail there are 3 tmp.XXX* files
> generated in /tmp.
> They all have 0 bytes in size - and of course - do contain nothing.
> Is there anyone else who can observer this occourence?
>
> thank you very much in advance,
> stefan walkner

Do you have set up filters in KMail which pipe messages through scripts?
E.g. the scripts to scan the messages use 'mktemp' to create temporary
files (but they actually also remove them at the  end). Perhaps you're
using a script which  doesn't remove the temporary file?

FYI, I don't get such files on my system (Suse 9.3, KDE 3.4.2).

Andreas