List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: compaction disabled for inbox ?
From:       David Faure <dfaure () klaralvdalens-datakonsult ! se>
Date:       2005-06-29 10:43:58

On Wednesday 29 June 2005 14:43, Edwin Schepers wrote:
> Hi,
> When I try to compact my inbox, I get the message that for safety reasons,
> compaction has been disabled for inbox.
> But is there some method to do the compaction ? I have an inbox of 140M now
> containing zero messages. I couldn't find any option. I guess `>inbox` is not
> the proper way to do this.

Quit kmail (including the systray icon if you use it), open ~/.kde/share/config/kmailrc,
look for lines containing "Compactable=false", remove those lines, restart kmail.

The previous discussions on how to improve this issue didn't lead to a solution yet, it seems.

--
David Faure -- faure@kde.org, dfaure@klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se
KDE/KOffice developer, Qt consultancy projects