List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Serial number-related trouble, again
From:       Don Sanders <sanders () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-06-14 4:47:35

On Friday 10 June 2005 19:13, David Faure wrote:
> On Friday 10 June 2005 06:50, Don Sanders wrote:
> > Perhaps IIRC it's also an example of the flyweight design
> > pattern.
>
> Then it should be done right - flyweight means refcounting.
> But then I would suggest applying flyweight by the book, to avoid
> "several data structures that have to be kept uptodate in parallel"

MessageProperty is the data structure to avoid having to keep several
data structures in parallel.

> and use a standard API for that instead.

Design patterns should be easy to use it shouldn't be necessary to use
some API. That's a central idea behind design patterrns, they are a
collection of ideas that commonly occur and are reused.

> > Yes valid criticism. But it would satisfy the requirement.
>
> So would a bitfield in KMMsgBase.... (note that there are two bools
> there already).

We were, or at least I was talking about the problem with deleting
messages in KMReaderWin. You've switched to a different subject now.

Don Sanders.