List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Serial number-related trouble, again
From:       David Faure <dfaure () klaralvdalens-datakonsult ! se>
Date:       2005-06-09 13:35:14

On Thursday 09 June 2005 07:49, Don Sanders wrote:
> I didn't want to bloat KMMsgBase with
> extra member variables, so the solution I found was to use KMMsgBase
> objects.

This still makes no sense to me. You can use bitfields to add more bools
to KMMsgBase without any trouble.
IMHO using serial numbers (which means refcounting them, to use them properly)
is just adding complexity over complexity and making everything more fragile.

--
David Faure -- faure@kde.org, dfaure@klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se
Qt/KDE/KOffice developer