List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Sieve support in KMail
From:       Andreas Gungl <a.gungl () gmx ! de>
Date:       2005-06-06 19:34:21

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Am Montag, 6. Juni 2005 21:11 schrieb Heiko Hund:
> Do you really want to go there? I think it will be hard to develop and even
> harder to understand for the user. I understood the idea that filters are
> transparent to the user, that she doesn't need to care where the filters
> are stored, but somehow get a itch from the idea. After all sieve filters
> should not be confused with local filters. Mixing them together in one
> dialog will IMHO cause a lot of confusion. What are your feelings about a
> separate dialog for the sieve stuff (just like we did it with pop-filters
> back then)?

I share this POV. Mixing the capabilities of sieve filters and local filters
in one configuration frontend will make the user helpless. You have vacation
and bounce on the sieve side, execution of scripts or piping through filters
on the other (local) side. You could mix both worlds in the GUI and you'll
never know what will end on the server.

Andreas