Am Montag, 30. Mai 2005 23:30 schrieb Ingo Klöcker: > On Monday 30 May 2005 22:25, Martijn Klingens wrote: > > On Monday 30 May 2005 22:18, Matt Douhan wrote: > > > I am seing the same thing and the flickering makes one wonder what > > > is happening, I of course knows since I was there at the meeting, > > > but I think others might be driven nuts about it. > > > > One really hacky solution would be to make sure the splash is shown > > at least half a second. I.e., if data is ready before, just delay it. > > > > I for one won't mind, since as I said I mostly have delays of 1-2 > > seconds and sometimes even more if the splash appears at all, but > > artificially delaying KMail doesn't sound too nice to me. > > > > Better alternatives more than welcome. > > As I already replied to Carsten's message on kde-commits it's probably > possible to get an estimate for the remaining time that's needed for > folder listing. Then the splash could be suppressed if the folder > listing appears to be finished in less than another 500 (?) msec. OTOH, > getting a good estimate is maybe not possible. I already thought about this but I haven't figured a way to get this easily. But this should be possible, I'll invest a bit more time. In the meantime I increased the timeout to 1 sec, let's see if this fits better. Carsten _______________________________________________ KMail developers mailing list KMail-devel@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kmail-devel