List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Full Text Indexing for KMAIL: SUBMISSION
From:       Andreas Gungl <a.gungl () gmx ! de>
Date:       2005-05-28 4:03:45

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Am Freitag, 27. Mai 2005 22:56 schrieb Luís Pedro Coelho:
> After a couple of versions and a month of ironing out many small issues, I
> think that the I have a submission ready version of my full-text indexing
> patch for kmail. Right now it does the following:

Hi Luis, this promises a great enhancement for KMail. I'm looking forward to
try it out in the office.

> - indexes all your mail on local and dimap folders. This is done "on the
> background" with small overhead over normal usage. It can be done over
> several sessions since it takes a long time.
> - filters your email using the search bar

Somehow I feel I would be quite surprised to see the search via search bar
extended to the body of the messages. I'm used to the current behavior and I
might hit unexpected situations e.g. when deleting mails with a certain text
in the subject (and unfortunately a lot of other messages get deleted as well
because they have that text in the body). Can we make the search bar aware of
that difference (e.g. have a checkbox or whatever)?

> - searches on multiple folders using the search dialog
> - automatically keeps track of incoming mail and moves between folders
> - detects unexpected exits (ie crashes) to avoid a corrupted index
[...]

Thanks for your work on that feature,
Andreas