List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Cannot decrypt
From:       Ingo =?utf-8?q?Kl=C3=B6cker?= <kloecker () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-03-30 21:19:27

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Wednesday 30 March 2005 10:28, LostSon wrote:
> On Tuesday 29 March 2005 16:08, Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> > On Tuesday 29 March 2005 19:47, LostSon wrote:
> > > Hello
> > >  I am trying to get Kmail to decrypt my messages but to no avail.
> > > I have followed the tut on the kmail site and i get the dialog
> > > boxes and the like, but when receiving mail nothing. I have used
> > > this same setup for awhile now and it has always worked. I went
> > > through the bug database but didint see anything specific. Is
> > > this a bug and am i fighting a losing cause til a update comes
> > > out, thanks.
> >
> > The most likely cause for this problem is that either gpg-agent
> > isn't running or that gpg-agent and KMail are not running in the
> > same environment. To fix the problem put the attached file in the
> > folder ~/.kde/env. After restarting KDE decryption should work
> > provided that all necessary packages are installed.
>
> I have set this up and and still nothing ??

Hmm. When signing a message do you get a dialog with title "pinentry-qt"
or with title "Passphrase Dialog - KMail"? If you get a dialog with the
latter title then gpg-agent is probably misconfigured or pinentry-qt
isn't installed correctly.

In Konsole run "pinentry-qt" and then enter "getpin". Do you get a
dialog?

If that worked then run the following in Konsole:
  echo test | gpg --clearsign
Do you get a pinentry dialog or do you have to enter the passphrase in
Konsole?

Regards,
Ingo