List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: pinentry-kde (Re: Wallet support for KMail)
From:       Martijn Klingens <klingens () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-02-25 17:06:45

On Thursday 24 February 2005 17:18, Volker Krause wrote:
> I'm mostly interested in KWallet support and would be willing to help with
> this.

Ok, that helps. Not that adding KWallet support is exactly hard (I've done it
before ;-) ), but more eyes still help writing good code.

The more fundamental problem of how to approach the whole thing is not solved
though.

I'm not very happy with the thought of forking the Qt-pinentry, since it puts
the burden of syncing upstream updates upon us. Does anyone have a better
idea of dealing with this? Ingo: since you know the GPA people longer and
better than I do, is there any chance of them cooperating in one way or
another by providing e.g. a shared lib or something else that helps us reduce
code duplication and maintenance? Is there any chance of the pinentry shared
code having BC status in the first place? I don't dare asking myself after
the debacle of the previous pinentry-kde in late 2003...

--
Martijn