List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Possible problems with Spam Status
From:       "Malte S. Stretz" <msquadrat.nospamplease () gmx ! net>
Date:       2004-12-30 2:10:11

On Wednesday 29 December 2004 00:45 CET Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> On Tuesday 28 December 2004 23:52, Albert Cervera Areny wrote:
> >[...]
> >  The problem is that a so called "malicious" user could send an
> > e-mail with the spamassassin headers already attached with the
> > e-mail, indicating that it is not spam (or a virus), [...]
>
> That's a general problem with all spam filter programs. IMO they should
> remove the headers that were generated during a previous run (or by a
> spammer). [...]

Which is exactly what SpamAssassin does.

Of course if you do not use SpamAssassin at all, you'd suddenly have some
green bars for the faked mails and only them which would indeed look weird.
The latter is one of the reason why we suggest to use custom headers and
why I asked for a GUI to edit the rules easily :)

Cheers,
Malte

--
[SGT] Simon G. Tatham: "How to Report Bugs Effectively"
      <http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/bugs.html>