List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Reply to Author does no longer work
From:       Ingo =?utf-8?q?Kl=C3=B6cker?= <kloecker () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-11-27 23:02:41

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Friday 26 November 2004 17:29, Martin Koller wrote:
> Using current CVS version, I see the problem, that when "replying to
> Author" on a mail from bugs.kde.org uses still the
> bugs-num@bugs.kde.org address, instead of the From: one.
>
> Or am I missing something here ?

Yes.

> ----------- heaqder:
>
> From: Marcel Partap <mpartap@gmx.net>
> To: m.koller@surfeu.at
> Sender: owner@bugs.kde.org

If the author specifies a Reply-To address then this address has to be
used when replying. Unfortunately KMail has no way to know that this
Reply-To header was not added by the author. When replying to a
mailing-list message then KMail tries to figure out whether the
Reply-To header was set by the mailing-list software or by the author
(by comparing Reply-To with the List-Post address). Of course, this
doesn't work for the bugzilla messages.

There's nothing we can do about this in KMail. You'll have to
right-click on the From address and select Reply To. Alternatively, you
can write a script which adds a fake List-Post header to the bugzilla
messages.

Regards,
Ingo