List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: [Patch] Wallet support for KMail
From:       Martijn Klingens <klingens () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-09-06 21:04:17

On Monday 06 September 2004 16:28, Volker Krause wrote:
> On Monday 06 September 2004 08:47, Carsten Burghardt wrote:
> > Is there a way to keep kwallet open when kmail is closed? It's a pita to
> > type in my wallet pass every time I reopen kmail (which I have to do very
> > often to test things).
>
> KWalletManager -> Configure Wallet, disable "Close when last application
> stops using it"

More interesting would be to have per-application policies.

Once I opened the wallet for Konqueror I'd like it to remain open for the rest
of my KDE session or until I lock the screen, but that doesn't mean I want
the wallet open for OTHER applications as well.

Unfortunately KWallet doesn't support such a use case and I'm not sure if it's
technically implementable at all in a reliable way.

Martijn\