List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Deleting settings of no longer existing folders (was: Re:
From:       Ingo =?iso-8859-1?q?Kl=F6cker?= <kloecker () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-07-02 19:02:03

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Friday 02 July 2004 12:11, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> On Fri July 2 2004 02:11, Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> > When KMail is started then it removes the settings of all folders
> > which don't exist anymore. That explains what you are seeing. This
> > is done to prevent cluttering the configuration file with settings
> > for folders which have been deleted years ago (which is especially
> > a problem with IMAP where the folders could have been deleted with
> > another KMail or even another client, so just removing the settings
> > when a folder is deleted isn't really an option).
>
> Perhaps asking the user whether he wants to delete the settings for
> the folder in such case. That way the user gets some better idea of
> what is going on.

That's pretty useless (IMO). Of course, the dialog would have to have a
"Don't annoy me again with this stupid question." check box. But this
means that the user will check this box as soon as he has been annoyed
too often by the question. And then he won't be asked when it's really
necessary (which actually never should be the case; George's problem
seems to be caused by a bug which has to be fixed or which is already
fixed).

Regards,
Ingo