List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Invitation mails
From:       Bo Thorsen <bo () sonofthor ! dk>
Date:       2004-06-21 14:36:36

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Monday 21 June 2004 14:40, Bo Thorsen wrote:
> On Monday 21 June 2004 14:31, Cornelius Schumacher wrote:
> > On Monday 21 June 2004 14:04, Bo Thorsen wrote:
> > > In KOrganizer, all invitation iCals are sent as attachments to a
> > > mail. This doesn't work with Outlook, since that only understands
> > > the invitation, reply, or update, if the iCal is in the body of the
> > > mail. I want to fix this, but I'm not sure what to do about it.
> >
> > What says the iMIP standard about this?
>
> If I can read it correctly, it doesn't say anything about what part of
> the message the iCal should be in. So once again it's a limitation in
> Outlook we hit here.
>
> Okay, I now think the only reasonable way is to provide a legacy option
> to support this. Will send a patch shortly.

Patch attached.

It turns out there is no way to control the mail body contents, so I had
the choice here of introducing a new dcop method to kmail, or catch the
korganizer openComposer call. I chose the last one, but it should be
changed after the freeze.

The problem with this patch is that it needs to add a string to the config
dialog. So while I was at it, I fixed the description of the other
Outlook compatibility mode.

Can I commit this? It is a bugfix, because the iCal invitations were not
compatible with Outlook.

Bo.

     Klarälvdalens Datakonsult  |   Denmark