On Tuesday 27 April 2004 23:16, Ingo Klöcker wrote: > On Tuesday 27 April 2004 22:53, David Faure wrote: > > On Tuesday 27 April 2004 21:59, Ingo Klöcker wrote: > > > You are only handling the case that it's the main window that's > > > closed. You don't handle the case that one of the secondary windows > > > (composer or message window) is closed as last window. At least, I > > > don't see why KMMainWin::queryExit() should be called in this case. > > > > Right, it's not. > > The question is what should happen? > > Should mail checking happen in the background of the composer window, > > or should be stopped when closing the last KMMainWin? > > My guess is for the latter - if we agree I can simply move the code > > to the destructor or closeEvent and check if there are any visible > > KMMainWin remaining in the static window list. > > Hmm, you don't mention the system tray applet, but that's probably just > an oversight. None of this happens (e.g. the mail checks keep running) if there's a systray applet, there was already a check for it in this patch (kmmainwin.cpp) > Also we sometimes have an invisible KMMainWin object in > the kernel (or is this an invisible KMMainWidget object nowadays?). I looked for that, but didn't find any trace of it. Are you sure this is still being done? Anyway, the new patch (which I just committed) iterates over the list of mainwindows and looks for "not withdrawn" (i.e. visible, basically) ones. > I don't know whether I should be for or against stopping mail checking > when the last main window is closed. But I tend to agree with you. George also reported this as a bug, on IRC. "I close kmail and it keeps downloading mail for a very long time" or as I experienced it with a hanging ssh connection, it would try to download mail for ever and never exit.... This is why I fixed this. > Till or Carsten will have to comment on the IMAP related parts of the > patch. They didn't, but I understand from Till that he lets me mess with the dimap stuff :-) -- David Faure -- faure@kde.org, dfaure@klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se Qt/KDE/KOffice developer Klarälvdalens Datakonsult AB, Platform-independent software solutions _______________________________________________ KMail developers mailing list KMail-devel@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kmail-devel