List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: PATCH: Outlook compatible attachment naming
From:       Daniel Molkentin <molkentin () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-04-29 11:43:06

On Thursday 29 April 2004 08:08, Till Adam wrote:
>In short, I think we should consider implementing this, even if it means we
>optionally produce mails that are not adhering to the latest rfcs, but to an
>obsoleted one.
>
>What do the others think?

I couldn't agree more. Even and especially if we want to allow people to
migrate away from Outlook we need to be compatible it it. We don't need to
make the outdated RFC behavior default (and we shouldn't), but I think it's
important for us to have it to not hinder our users to communicate, since
that is what we would do.

In short: I am supportive of Till's and Don's plan.

Cheers,
  Daniel