List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: PATCH: Outlook compatible attachment naming
From:       Branislav Klocok <branislav.klocok () ofz ! sk>
Date:       2004-04-29 6:40:50

Dňa  t 29. Apríl 2004 08:27 Черепанов Андрей napísal:
> > Sorry, but there's nothing I can add to this thread. I've stated my
> > opinion. I and a few others code, and so I and those few others decide.
> > Feel free to fork KMail and implement RFC 2184.
>
> I understand your opinion and agree with you. Sure, I have enough
> experience for create appropriate patch personally for me. But I feel sorry
> for other Russian users who have similar problem. They will migrate very
> quickly to compatible email client such as Mozilla Mail or Evolution. After
> it KMail will become tool for nerd and M$-haters. I'm very sorry...
I had the same discussion with Ingo few weeks ago. All I can add to this is
that this problem concerns all people that use non US ASCII languages (also
Slovak my native language), so I would say most of the world?
I have asked Ingo to implement a possibility for user to choose when adding
attachments which way to use, but I got the same answer as you.
--
Ing. Branislav Klocok           OFZ a.s.
Tel.: +421 43 5804 488          Fax.: +421 43 5804 633