List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: ThreadList View
From:       Cornelius Schumacher <schumacher () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-04-20 8:12:44

On Monday 19 April 2004 21:04, Ingo Klöcker wrote:

> The widget would be a nice (optional) addition. But, the question is
> where would this widget be displayed without wasting large amounts of
> screen space?

What about putting it vertically at the left of the reader window (see
attached mockup)?

> You probably know that we use khtml to display the
> messages. I don't think it's possible to include an arbitrary widget in
> khtml. One possible solution would be an image with an imagemap. But
> then things like tooltips would of course not be possible. Using
> JavaScript is also no option because this would open a can of worms (at
> least as long as we can't display the message body in an embedded
> sandbox).

I don't think the threadview would be needed to be displayed in the khtml
widget. It's not part of the message after all, but more a
navigation/overview element for a set of messages.

["mockup_kmailthreadview.png" (image/png)]