List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Wishes for kmail
From:       Ingo =?windows-1252?q?Kl=F6cker?= <kloecker () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-04-16 19:30:31

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Friday 16 April 2004 16:05, Tomas Bautista wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm not in your list, because of several reasons (time and knowledge,
> basically) but I would like to submit to your consideration several
> wishes I currently have.

Usually wishes should be filed at bugs.kde.org (or via Help->Report
Bug...; Yes, this can also be used for wishes).

And if you have user questions then please send them to
kdepim-users@kde.org.

> Very probably you have heard this history before. I'm using crm114
> for spam control, which has the nice feature to be possible of being
> taught with what one considers spam and with what one considers it is
> not. To allow this I was usually displaying the source of the message
> inside kmail and sending it in a new message that I compose inside
> kmail once again to myself with something in front of the message for
> performing this learning. The first wish here would be to have an
> option for allowing all the headers to be forwarded instead of doing
> this trick. And the second wish is related with the fact that I was
> at first surprised that crm114 did not learn anywhing when doing
> this. Then, from now on I'm using the standard unix Mail command and
> it works. Where is the difference?, you might wonder. The difference
> is that if the message starts with the word "From" the kmail replaces
> the 'F' by something I don't remember right now, which seems to be
> MIME related, and the Mail command sets a '>F' for this letter. And
> with Mail this learning works.
>
> I have dared to send this message since I find kmail really
> wonderful, and surely many other people do as well, and I find it a
> little bit pity that when starting to use it in combination with one
> of the best spam control tools (not in my opinion, but in the opinion
> of many people on the Net) it presents this small problems.

Except that there is no problem. You are just using the wrong way to
train crm114. Instead of using the complicated way of forwarding
messages to yourself you should use the new capabilities of KMail 1.6.
All you have to do is create two filters.

1st filter:
Rename the filter to "Train crm114 with spam" (or similar)
Filter Criteria:
  (you can leave those empty)
Filter Actions:
[pipe through] "mailfilter.crm --learnspam"
(The marking as spam is optional. But it helps you to recognize messages
which you have already used for training crm114.)
Advanced Options:
Uncheck all options except "Add this filter to the Apply Filter menu".
Optionally select a nice icon (for the toolbar) for this filter.

2nd filter:
Rename the filter to "Train crm114 with no spam" (or similar)
Filter Criteria:
  (you can leave those empty)
Filter Actions:
[pipe through] "mailfilter.crm --learnnonspam"
(The marking as ham is optional. But it helps you to recognize messages
which you have already used for training crm114.)
Advanced Options:
Uncheck all options except "Add this filter to the Apply Filter menu".
Optionally select a nice icon (for the toolbar) for this filter.

After this you can execute those filters to train crm114 via
Message->Apply Filter Action->Filter Action Train crm114 with ...

Furthermore you can assign keyboard shortcuts to those two filters
(Settings->Configure Shortcuts...) and you can add buttons for those
two filters to your toolbar (Settings->Configure Toolbars...).

Regards,
Ingo